- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons orange extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange-flavored sweetened dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup shelled natural salted pistachio nuts, chopped
Other: 10 Minutes
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating well; beat in orange rind and extract.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in cranberries and pistachios.
- Divide dough in half. Using lightly floured hands, shape each portion into a 14" x 2" log. Place both logs 3" apart on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325° for 28 minutes or until firm to the touch. Cool logs on baking sheet 10 minutes.
- Cut each log into 1/2"-thick diagonal slices with a serrated knife using a gentle sawing motion. Place slices, cut side down, on baking sheet. Bake 9 minutes; turn cookies over, and bake 12 more minutes. Transfer biscotti to wire racks to cool completely.