Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup refrigerated pimiento cheese
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Parchment paper
- 4 tablespoons strawberry preserves
Total: 3 Hours, 35 Minutes
- 1. Beat together flour and pimiento cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer 1 minute. Add pecans and butter; beat until blended. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; chill 2 hours.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Place dough on a well-floured surface, and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut into 48 rounds with a 2-inch round cutter, rerolling scraps once. Arrange half of rounds 2 inches apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets; spoon 1/2 tsp. strawberry preserves onto center of each round, and top with remaining rounds, pressing edges to seal.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 10 minutes; transfer to wire racks, and cool completely (about 30 minutes).