Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro
Winner from Lucky 32's 2008 "Who Doesn't Love Fruit Pies" Contest By Michael McFee, Durham This recipe is very easy and delicious. Great with vanilla ice cream or a little lemon sorbet.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prepare your favorite 2-crust pie recipe, or use prepared crust such as
Pillsbury refrigerated (not frozen) crust from the dairy case.
3. Mix flour and 1/2 C measure of sugar together in a large bowl, and add
3 1/2 C of the berries and stir gently to coat.
4. Place bottom crust in pie plate, and spoon berry mixture into crust.
5. Then sprinkle remaining 1/2 C of berries on top. Cover with remaining crust.
6. Seal and crimp crust edges, then brush with the milk and sprinkle with the 1/4 C measure of sugar.
7. Bake 15 minutes.
8. Reduce oven temp. to 375 degrees.
9. Bake another 20-25 minutes.