1. Place pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring once after 5 minutes.
3. Divide cookie dough into 3 equal pieces, and press evenly onto bottom of a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with pecans, pressing into dough.
4. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
5. Bring peach preserves and cornstarch to a boil in a small saucepan. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour preserve mixture evenly over warm crust.
6. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Remove pan from oven, and cool on a wire rack 20 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with powdered sugar, and cut into bars. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pillsbury Create 'n Bake Sugar refrigerated cookie dough.