A fresh variation from readers Krista Painter and Amy French, friends who first met in cooking school. According to the recipe notes, â€œOn weekly trips to Pike Place Market, they gathered fresh ingredients for their experiments. One outcome is this rich, green pesto.â€� Prep Time: about 10 minutes. Notes: This pesto is wonderful on orecchiette (â€œlittle earsâ€�) pasta.
- 1 cup shelled roasted, salted pistachios
- 2 cups each coarsely chopped Italian parsley and lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1. Rub nuts in a towel to remove any loose skins. Lift nuts from towel and place in a food processor or blender.
- 2. Add parsley, mint, and olive oil to the blender; whirl until finely ground. Add salt to taste. Use, or cover and chill up to 2 days. Freeze airtight in small portions to store longer.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per tbsp.
- Calories: 105
- Calories from fat: 94%
- Protein: 1.4g
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg