Kick off your summer party grilling with Parmesan Buffalo Burgers with Balsamic Ketchup. Ground buffalo has fewer calories and half the fat of lean beef but boasts big meaty flavor. And slow-roasted tomatoes in the Balsamic Ketchup intensifies their sweetness.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground buffalo or bison
- 1 ounce grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 tablespoons Balsamic Ketchup
Total: 4 Hours
- 1. Preheat grill to high heat.
- 2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Divide buffalo mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty. Press a nickel-sized indentation in the center of each patty.
- 3. Place patties on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
- 4. Place bottom bun halves on plates. Top each with 1/4 cup arugula, 1 onion slice, and 1 patty. Spread 1 tablespoon ketchup on top half of each bun; place on top of burgers.
- Calories: 368
- Fat: 16.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 30.3g
- Carbohydrate: 27.8g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 68mg
- Iron: 4.9mg
- Sodium: 555mg
- Calcium: 162mg