Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (8-ounce) skin-on frozen salmon fillets, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Mix well, and set aside.
- 2. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle salmon with pepper and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Place salmon in skillet, skin sides up; cook 5 minutes on each side or until skin is crisp and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Transfer salmon to serving plates, and top each fillet evenly with tomato mixture.