Mexican chorizo is made with fresh pork, while Spanish chorizo is made with smoked pork.
Makes 8 Servings
1. Place rice in bottom of a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
2. Sauté sausage and chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage mixture and place in slow cooker over rice, reserving 2 tablespoon drippings in pan. Top with bell pepper and olives.
3. Sauté onion and garlic in hot drippings in skillet 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add chicken broth and tomatoes, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of skillet. Bring to a boil; remove from heat. Pour onion mixture over chicken mixture in slow cooker. (Do not stir.) Cover and cook on Low 3 hours.
4. Meanwhile, peel shrimp, leaving tails on.
5. Add shrimp and peas to slow cooker. Cover and cook 15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.