1. Combine 3 quarts water and salt in a Dutch oven, stirring until the salt dissolves. Add chicken to salt mixture. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
2. Combine remaining 2 quarts water and juice. Cut off stem of each artichoke to within 1 inch of base; peel stem. Remove bottom leaves and tough outer leaves, leaving tender heart and bottom. Cut each artichoke in half lengthwise; place in lemon water.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain artichokes; pat dry. Add artichokes to pan. Cover and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Uncover and cook an additional 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Keep warm.
4. Preheat oven to 450°.
5. Remove chicken from salt mixture; discard salt mixture. Pat chicken dry; sprinkle evenly with pepper.
6. Heat canola oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Wrap handle of pan with foil. Add chicken to pan, meat side down; sauté 1 minute. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Turn chicken over; bake an additional 12 minutes or until done. Keep warm.
7. Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour drippings into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings back into pan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat.
8. Add white wine to drippings in pan; bring to a boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat, and simmer until reduced to 1 cup (about 5 minutes). Add broth to pan; simmer until reduced to 1 1/2 cups (about 10 minutes).
9. Reduce oven temperature to 350°. Place bread in food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse crumbs measure 1 cup. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and breadcrumbs in a bowl; toss to coat. Arrange crumbs in a single layer on a baking sheet; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until golden. Add parsley; toss to combine. Serve chicken with artichokes and sauce. Top with breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.