Photography: Becky-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Press on a flavorful crust of cracked peppercorns before placing the tuna steak on an oak plank. Char one side of plank, then flip and place the fish on the darkened, smoke-infused wood for an extra boost of flavor.
- 1 (15 x 6 1/2 x 3/8-inch) oak grilling plank
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
- 4 (6-ounce) Bluefin tuna steaks (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mixed peppercorns, crushed
- Immerse and soak plank in water for 1 hour; drain.
- Prepare grill, heating one side to medium and one side to high heat.
- Combine mayonnaise, rind, juice, and chives; stir well with a whisk. Chill.
- Lightly coat top of tuna with cooking spray. Sprinkle the tuna with salt; firmly press peppercorns into tuna.
- Place plank on grill rack over high heat; grill 5 minutes or until lightly charred. Carefully turn plank over; move to medium heat. Place tuna on charred side of plank. Cover and grill 10 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve tuna with orange mayonnaise.
- Calories: 245
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 40.1g
- Carbohydrate: 3.4g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 1.4mg
- Sodium: 528mg
- Calcium: 38mg