- 1 pound fresh okra, cut into 1/2-inch pieces*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Peanut oil
Total: 42 Minutes
- 1. Toss okra with salt, and let stand 20 minutes. Add egg white, stirring to coat. Stir together baking mix and next 2 ingredients in a large bowl. Add okra, tossing to coat; gently press peanut mixture onto okra, shaking off excess.
- 2. Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven or cast-iron skillet; heat to 375°. Fry okra, in batches, 2 to 4 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels.
- *1 (16-oz.) package frozen cut okra, thawed, may be substituted.