- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 (16-ounce) container fresh strawberries or 1 (16-ounce) package thawed frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in a 2-quart pitcher or large bowl until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Process strawberries, lemon juice, and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir into milk mixture.
- Pour milk mixture into freezer container of a 1-quart electric ice-cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Instructions and times will vary.)
- Remove container with ice cream from ice-cream maker, and place in freezer 15 minutes. Transfer to an airtight container; freeze until firm, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used a Rival 4-quart Durable Plastic Bucket Ice Cream Maker and a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker.