Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
- 2 cups water
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups minced clams, with juices
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until potato is tender.
- 2. Add clams, and return mixture to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and let stand 20 minutes.
- 3. Stir in cream and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.