- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15.2-ounce) package cinnamon streusel muffin mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 3/4 cup grated peeled Granny Smith apple (about 1 small apple)
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind (optional)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
Bake: 23 Minutes
Cool: 6 Minutes
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients until blended.
- Remove and reserve streusel packet from muffin mix package. Stir together contents of muffin mix packet and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture. Add egg mixture, pineapple, and next 4 ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Place baking cups in muffin pans. Spray with cooking spray. Spoon batter into cups, filling two-thirds full. Sprinkle evenly with reserved streusel packet.
- Bake at 425° for 18 to 23 minutes or until golden. Cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool on wire racks.
- Stir together powdered sugar, lemon rind, and lemon juice until smooth, and drizzle over tops of muffins, if desired.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Betty Crocker Cinnabon Cinnamon Streusel Premium Muffin Mix.