These are not your mother's cheese balls. First, they're made with goat cheese and shaped into bite-size balls, making them super easy to serve and eat. Also, they're rolled in a variety of tasty toppings: wasabi-coated peas, crushed gingersnaps, granola, and a Parmesan-fennel seed mixture.
- 1/4 cup wasabi-coated green peas
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1/4 cup ground gingersnaps (about 5 cookies)
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon whole fennel seeds
- 2 11-ounce logs goat cheese
- Grind the peas in a food processor or crush them in a resealable plastic bag. Spread the crumbs on a plate. Repeat these steps for the granola, then the gingersnaps. Combine the Parmesan and fennel on another plate.
Shape the cheese into balls, working with about 1 rounded tablespoon at a time. Roll the balls in the coatings.
In Advance: Roll the cheese into balls and refrigerate them, uncoated, for up to 24 hours. Roll the balls in the coatings no more than 1 hour before the party.
- Calcium: 85.55mg
- Calories: 156.87
- Calories from fat: 64%
- Carbohydrate: 4.35g
- Cholesterol: 21.75mg
- Fat: 11.09g
- Fiber: 0.63g
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Protein: 9.99mg
- Sodium: 210.53mg