- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- Vanilla or coffee ice cream (optional)
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; add butter and vanilla, and beat at low speed with an electric mixer until blended. Stir in 1 cup chocolate morsels.
- Press dough into an ungreased 9-inch square pan; prick dough with a fork.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup morsels over top, and spread to cover. Cut shortbread into 25 (about 1 3/4-inch) squares; cut each square into 2 triangles. Let cool 30 minutes in pan before removing. Serve with ice cream, if desired.