1. In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the flour and the salt. Create a well in the center of the flour.
2. In a separate mixing bowl combine the eggs, oil, and water whisk together.
3. Pour liquid into center of flour well.
4. With a fork work the flour into center of the well, continue til the flour is incorporated
5. Once dough comes together knead on the table. Dough will be tacky not sticky.
6. Continue kneading for 8 minutes, yes! 8 minutes! If necessary add a whisper of flour.
7. The dough will be elastic, coat dough with 1 Tbsp vegetable oil, wrap with plastic wrap.
8. Reserve in a 65 degree warm environment for 20 minutes.
1. In a medium sauce pot bring the apple juice and optional Princess Raisins, lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon to a boil.
2. Add the apple slices and poached for 20 minutes until tender.
3. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
Assembly: Time to Pull the dough!
1. Line a table with a clean tablecloth. Dust generously with all purpose flour.
2. Carefully remove plastic wrap from dough make sure not to crease.
3. Place dough on flour dusted tablecloth. With a rolling pin, roll dough 12" X 12" square.
4. Dust hands with flour. Do not wear sharp rings.
5. Here is the fun part, lift the dough from table and work with the back of hands.
6. Constantly move hands pulling back, stretch thicker areas until the dough is transparent.
7. Lock the dough by pulling over the corners of table.
8. Trim outer edges of dough that are hanging over the edge of table. Throw away trim.
9. Spray the finished dough with a whisper of melted butter.
10. Spread bread crumbs in a 2 inch line - 4 inches from the bottom of the dough.
11. Place the apples and raisins directly on breadcrumbs.
12. Top apples with a light coating of bread crumbs.
13. Lift the corners of the strudel dough to the center of the apples. Using the table cloth roll up the strudel. Stopping to form and tuck a tight package. Trim ends to 1 inch remaining dough.
14. Tuck end of dough into itself.
15. Carefully lift the strudel onto a parchment lined sheet tray.
16. Spray dough with a whisper of melted butter.
Bake: 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes, turn sheet pan around, continue to bake for 15 - 20 minutes. Golden brown.