No pots and pans are required for this easy, no-mess Mediterranean recipe. Simply use a glass measuring cup to heat the broth in the microwave, place dry couscous in the serving bowl, and then add the broth. Once the remaining ingredients are stirred in, the dish is ready to serve.
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (5.6-ounce) package toasted pine nut couscous mix
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (about 1 rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: fresh basil leaves
Stand: 5 Minutes
- Heat broth and seasoning packet from couscous in the microwave on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes or until broth begins to boil. Place couscous in a large bowl, and stir in broth mixture. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork; stir in chicken and next 6 ingredients. Serve warm or cold. Garnish, if desired.
- Tip: You'll need to buy a 2/3-ounce package of fresh basil and 1 rotisserie chicken to get the right amount of basil and chicken for this recipe. Substitute 4 teaspoons of dried basil if you can't find fresh.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Rami Perry, Birmingham, Alabama, Southern Living
- Calories: 212
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 21.3g
- Carbohydrate: 16.9g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 58mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 455mg
- Calcium: 89mg