- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (4-ounce) packages crumbled feta cheese
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
- Place beans in boiling water seasoned with 1 teaspoon salt; cook 6 to 8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process. Place in a shallow serving dish.
- Cook garlic in hot oil in a skillet over medium heat 30 seconds or just until fragrant; remove from heat. Stir in olives, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour mixture over beans, tossing to coat. Chill at least 3 hours or overnight. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Garnish, if desired.