Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons Vietnamese or Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 mahimahi fillets (each 1 in. thick and 6 oz.)
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded, cut into rings
- Cooked rice
- Lime wedges
- 1. Heat grill to high (450° to 550°).
- 2. Purée 2/3 cup basil leaves, 1 can coconut milk, and the curry paste in a blender. Cook mixture in a saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring, until bubbly, 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining can coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, the fish sauce, and sugar. Cook sauce at a low boil until thickened, 10 minutes.
- 3. Coat fish with 3 to 4 tbsp. sauce. Coat peppers with about 2 tbsp. sauce.
- 4. Oil cooking grate, using tongs and a wad of oiled paper towels. Grill peppers, covered, turning once, until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Grill fish, covered, turning once, until just cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. With a wide spatula, carefully transfer to another plate.
- 5. Spoon rice onto a large platter and top with fish. Thinly slice remaining basil. Spoon half of sauce over fish, top with peppers, and sprinkle with basil. Serve with lime wedges and more sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Calories: 586
- Calories from fat: 67%
- Protein: 37g
- Fat: 44g
- Saturated fat: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 1372mg
- Cholesterol: 124mg