- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar.
- Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly. Firmly press mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl; whisk in 2 cups sugar and lemon juice. Combine remaining 1/4 cup flour and baking powder; whisk into egg mixture. Pour batter over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until set. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars, and sprinkle evenly with additional powdered sugar.
- Prep: 15 min., Bake: 50 min.