A geophysicist who used to work outside in the hot Southern California sun, Denise Knowles used to bring this creamy, tangy frozen treat out at lunchtime to cool everyone off. Stored airtight, the frozen yogurt will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- 1 quart (32 oz.) vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 12 ounces frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, lemonade concentrate, half-and-half, lemon juice, and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Chill until cold, about 30 minutes.
- 2. Freeze mixture in an ice cream maker (1 1/2-qt. capacity) according to manufacturer's instructions, until motor stops or dasher is hard to turn. Transfer to an airtight container and freeze until firm enough to scoop, about 2 hours (see notes).
- Nutritional analysis per 1/2 cup.
- Calories: 190
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Protein: 4.4g
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 37g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 61mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg