- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Lemon Glaze
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease and flour a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- 2. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Stir together lemon zest, juice, and yogurt in a separate bowl.
- 4. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a third bowl; add to butter mixture, alternately with yogurt mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 5. Cool in pan on wire rack about 10 minutes. While still warm, turn out of pan; remove lemon slices from Lemon Glaze, and place on top of cake. Drizzle with Lemon Glaze. Continue to cool on wire rack.