The bright and fresh flavors of this delicate potato salad are delicious paired with fish or chicken. The small amount of cream in this dish will stiffen when chilled, so this salad is not suited to being made ahead.
- 2 pounds fingerling or small Yukon Gold or Yellow Finn potatoes
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 bunches chives
- 2 large sprigs fresh dill
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1. Rinse and scrub potatoes; cut into bite-size pieces. Put potatoes in a large pot, cover with cold water, and bring to a boil. Add 1 tbsp. salt, adjust heat to maintain a slow boil, and cook potatoes until tender to the bite, about 8 minutes.
- 2. Drain potatoes and put in a large bowl. Toss with 3 tbsp. lemon juice and let sit until cooled to room temperature, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, chop chives (you want about 1/2 cup) and dill (you want about 2 tbsp.).
- 4. Put cream in a medium bowl and beat until soft peaks form. Beat in white pepper, remaining 1 tsp. salt, and remaining 1 tsp. lemon juice. Stir in chives and dill. Gently toss cooled potatoes with dressing. Serve immediately.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
- Calories: 122
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Protein: 2.9g
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 447mg
- Cholesterol: 11mg