Grilling the chicken adds a nice smoky flavor to such a simple recipe; however, 5 cups shredded cooked chicken can be substituted. Lemon-Dill Chicken Salad can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days.
- 2 1/4 pounds skinned and boned chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 24 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Grill: 16 Minutes
Stand: 15 Minutes
Chill: 1 Hour, 30 Minutes
- 1. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper. Grill, covered with grill lid, over high heat (400° to 500°) 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Let stand 15 minutes; cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Slice hard-cooked eggs in half lengthwise; carefully remove yolks, keeping egg white halves intact. Reserve yolks for another use.
- 3. Stir together mayonnaise, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt in a large bowl.
- 4. Pulse cooled chicken, in batches, in a food processor 3 to 4 times or until shredded; stir into mayonnaise mixture until blended. Spoon chicken mixture evenly into egg white halves. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.