- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
Other: 35 Minutes
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and extracts, beating well. Add flour, lemon rind, and salt, beating until combined. Stir in coconut. Cover and chill dough 30 minutes.
- Shape dough into generous 1" balls; place 1" apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden on bottom, but pale on top. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool 5 minutes.
- Place 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in a bowl, and roll warm cookies in powdered sugar, coating well. Cool cookies completely on wire racks. Roll cooled cookies in powdered sugar again, coating well.