This buffalo chicken dip is a completely homemade labor of love, and your guests will fall head over heels for this incredible appetizer. This dip offers the complete buffalo chicken experience all in one dish and combines layers of different ingredients and flavors along with a unique scratch-made carrot ranch dressing. There is a crunch, a richness, and a level of spice all mixed together in this wow-worthy dip that make it the perfect contributiion to any party or tailgate. This dish delivers intense flavor and an all-inclusive and truly delicious buffalo chicken experience.
Serves 20 to 25 (serving size: 1/2 cup)
1. Prepare the Breadcrumb Layer: Preheat oven to 300°F. Process bread pieces in a food processor until small pieces form (or chop by hand). Spread in an even layer on a baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven 10 minutes. Remove from oven; drizzle with melted butter, and toss to combine. Return to oven, and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
2. Prepare the Celery Root Layer: Place celery root pieces in steamer basket over boiling water; cook over medium until tender, about 20 minutes. Process celery roots, whole milk, Champagne vinegar, sugar, celery salt, and kosher salt in 2 batches in a food processor until smooth. Set aside.
3. Prepare the Buffalo Chicken Layer: Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high (about 450°F). Toss together chicken tenders, canola oil, kosher salt, and pepper. Place tenders on oiled grates, and grill, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 165°F, about 4 minutes per side. Cool 10 minutes, and chop into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces. Toss with Buffalo wing sauce, and set aside.
4. Prepare the Carrot Ranch Dressing: Process buttermilk and carrots in a blender until smooth. Stir together buttermilk mixture, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill, apple cider vinegar, kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. (Place in a squirt bottle if you have one.)
5. Assemble dip: Spread celery root mixture in an even layer in a large ovensafe glass bowl or baking dish. Spread chicken over celery root mixture. Bake at 300°F until warmed through, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, and sprinkle breadcrumbs evenly over chicken; top with blue cheese and chopped celery. Drizzle with desired amount of Carrot Ranch Dressing and Buffalo wing sauce. Top with celery leaves and scallions. Serve with chips.