1. Heat 2/3 cup water in a small saucepan over high heat until small bubbles form. Add tea and remove from heat. Steep 3 minutes and stir. Strain tea and let cool; discard tea bags.
2. Meanwhile, seed and thinly slice kumquats*.
3. In a small bowl, make dressing: Combine chopped kumquats, jasmine tea, oil, salt, and pepper.
4. Put lettuce, mint, sliced kumquats, and almonds in a salad bowl. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
* To seed kumquats, either thinly slice each kumquat crosswise about a third of the way into the fruit or quarter the fruit lengthwise; then remove seeds with a knife tip.