1. In a skillet, cook and crumble sausage in 1 tbsp. olive oil until no longer pink; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes and the remaining oil.
3. Sprinkle with pepper; toss to coat.
4. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. baking pan.
5. Bake at 350˚F for 10 minutes or until crisp and a lightly browned, stirring once.
6. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool slightly.
7. In a very large bowl, combine the bread cubes, reserved sausage, Parmesan cheese, green pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil and garlic.
8. Combine eggs and water; pour over bread mixture and toss to coat.
9. Transfer to a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
10. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 35-40 minutes or until hot.