Jerk seasoning is characteristically sweet and spicy. Habanero peppers crank up the heat; if you prefer, use a milder pepper, such as jalapeño. The sweet-tartness of the relish complements the spicy flavors.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 habanero pepper
- 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups finely chopped pineapple
- 3/4 cup finely chopped ripe plum (about 3 medium)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium soy sauce
- To prepare pork, combine first 13 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Place green onion mixture in a large zip-top bag. Add pork to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove pork from bag; discard marinade. Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 23 minutes or until a thermometer registers 155° or until desired degree of doneness. Let pork stand 10 minutes. Slice pork into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- To prepare relish, combine pineapple and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Serve with pork.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.David Bonom, Cooking Light
- Calories: 154
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 4.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 17.5g
- Carbohydrate: 11.7g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 101mg
- Calcium: 13mg