1. Heat a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add whole tomatoes and jalapeño pepper; cook 13 minutes or until blackened and charred, turning occasionally. Remove from pan; cool 10 minutes. Peel and discard skins from tomatoes and pepper. Core tomatoes; remove stem and seeds from pepper.
2. Place pepper, tomatoes, and any juices in a blender; process 5 seconds or just until mixture is chunky.
3. Heat pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 3/4 cup onion; sauté 6 minutes or until browned. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add tomato mixture, and cook 2 to 5 minutes or until slightly thick. Stir in broth; cook 7 to 10 minutes or until thick but still easily pourable. Remove from heat; stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cover and keep warm.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 corn tortillas and a few drops of water; cook 1 minute on each side or until thoroughly heated. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas. Wrap in foil; keep warm.
5. Heat pan over medium heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add 4 eggs; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes or until whites are set. Carefully remove from pan; keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 teaspoon oil, 4 eggs, and 1/8 teaspoon salt.
6. Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates; top each tortilla with 2 eggs and 6 tablespoons tomato salsa. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon of remaining onion, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and about 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve each with 2 tablespoons refried beans.