Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 8 cups chopped peeled peaches (about 4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 cups blackberries
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, peaches, honey, juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; toss gently. Let stand 15 minutes. Fold in blackberries. Spoon mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, granulated sugar, rind, and baking powder in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add buttermilk, and stir just until moist.
- Drop dough onto peach mixture to form 12 mounds. Sprinkle mounds with turbinado sugar. Bake at 400° for 40 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Calories: 283
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.3g
- Carbohydrate: 56.5g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 267mg
- Calcium: 63mg