Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Leigh Ann Ross
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) goat cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 ounces Canadian bacon, finely chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl. Cut a horizontal slit through thickest portion of each chicken breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture into each pocket; close opening with a wooden pick. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper.
- 3. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes. Turn chicken over; place pan in oven. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Let stand 5 minutes. Discard wooden picks. Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Serve with pan juices.
- Roasted asparagus: Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, and 1 pound trimmed asparagus on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray; toss gently. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender. Place asparagus in a large bowl; toss with 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives. Complete the meal with a sliced baguette and a glass of crisp white wine.
- Calories: 302
- Fat: 13.5g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 42.1g
- Carbohydrate: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 486mg
- Calcium: 40mg