Be the first to rate it
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
- 8 large eggs
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper
- Sprigs of parsley, chives and dill, for garnish, optional
- 1. Put eggs in a single layer in a saucepan.Pour in enough cold water to cover eggs by 1 inch. Bring to a full boil over high heat. Remove saucepan from heat, cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Fill a large bowl with ice water. When eggs are done, immediately drain pan and plunge eggs into ice water. Let cool in ice bath for 2 minutes. Peel eggs carefully, keeping whites intact.
- 2. Cut eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove yolks to a small bowl. Mash yolks with a fork until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, mustard, parsley, chives and dill. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Using a teaspoon or a pastry bag fitted with a star tip, fill egg white cavities with yolk mixture. Sprinkle herb garnish over eggs, if desired. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours (garnish with herbs just before serving).
- Calories: 67
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 0.0g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 95mg
- Sodium: 157mg