Bread bowls are a sandwich shop favorite for a reason. Instead of venturing out into the cold night air, fill homemade Italian Bread Bowls with chunky potato soup featuring potatoes, onions, carrot, celery, and savory seasonings.
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 1/2 pounds)
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- Italian Bread Bowls
- Garnish: fresh celery leaves
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 3 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together flour and half-and-half; stir into soup. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve in Italian Bread Bowls, and garnish, if desired.
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 0.3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 365mg