- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash brown potatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed reduced-fat, reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup, undiluted (such as Campbell's Healthy Request)
- 8 ounces light processed cheese, cubed (such as Velveeta Light)
- 1 (8-ounce) carton light sour cream (such as Daisy)
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cornflakes, coarsely crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon butter in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine soup and cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 6 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in sour cream. Pour cheese mixture over potato mixture, and stir well. Spread mixture evenly in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine cornflakes and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle evenly over top of potato mixture. Bake at 350° for 1 hour.
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 30%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 3.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 7.1g
- Carbohydrate: 25.5g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 494mg
- Calcium: 11mg