Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Jan Gautro
Serve a lightened version of this classic dish with a tossed green salad and sautéed red and green bell pepper strips for a satisfying family-friendly meal.
- 8 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef, extra lean
- 1 cup prechopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain.
- 2. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms to pan; cook 4 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates, stirring frequently. Sprinkle with flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute or until slightly thick. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 3. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Serve over pasta. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Calories: 322
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 23.9g
- Carbohydrate: 35.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 541mg
- Calcium: 70mg