Make the most of the bounty of summer produce and cook summer squash on the grill. Marinate the squash and onion wedges in a mixture of orange and lime juices, olive oil, honey, and a dash of hot red pepper, then serve the veggies with a drizzle of the remaining marinade for over-the-top flavor.
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 red onions
- 4 zucchini, each halved lengthwise (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 4 yellow squash, each halved lengthwise (about 1 pound)
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Peel onions, leaving root intact; cut each onion into 4 wedges. Add onion, zucchini, and yellow squash to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Drain vegetables in a colander over a bowl, reserving marinade. Place vegetables on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 8 minutes or until tender; turn and baste occasionally with 3/4 cup of the marinade. Place the vegetables on a serving platter; sprinkle with the basil. Serve the vegetables with the remaining marinade.
- Calories: 168
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 36.1g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 302mg
- Calcium: 70mg