- 16 ounces farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 1 pound yellow summer (crookneck) squash, cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1 pound zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-in. chunks
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- About 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
1 Hour, 15 Minutes
- 1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender to the bite, 9 to 12 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water until completely cool (see Notes).
- 2. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for medium heat (you can hold your hand 5 in. above cooking grate only 5 to 7 seconds). Thread squash and zucchini chunks onto 10- to 12-in. metal skewers and place on a baking sheet. Brush vegetables with 1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil on all sides and sprinkle with salt to taste. Transfer to grill and cook 10 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until vegetables are very tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, whisk together remaining olive oil, the vinegar, and 1/2 tsp. pepper in a small bowl.
- 4. With a fork, push vegetables off skewers back onto baking sheet and toss them in oil left there. In a large bowl, toss together pasta, vegetables, oregano, pine nuts, and olives. Add dressing and salt and pepper to taste; toss. Serve warm or cold.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving.
Ingredients can be prepped and pasta cooked a day ahead of time and chilled (add 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil to the cooked pasta). Toss everything together just before serving.Sunset
- Calories: 207
- Calories from fat: 41%
- Protein: 5.1g
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sodium: 212mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg