Niçoise olives are smaller than the more familiar green or ripe black olives. If you can't find niçoise, choose kalamata olives (they're available with and without pits). Total time: 20 minutes.
- 3/4 pound small red potatoes
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 4 (6-ounce) tuna steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 hard-cooked large egg, chopped
- 16 niçoise olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- Prepare grill to high heat.
- Scrub potatoes. Place wet potatoes in an 8-inch square baking dish; cover with wax paper. Microwave at high 3 minutes. Add beans to dish; cover. Microwave at high 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain. Rinse with cold water.
- While vegetables cook, combine the dressing and tarragon. Set aside 1/4 cup dressing mixture; brush remaining dressing mixture over fish. Grill steaks over high heat 3 minutes on each side or until medium-rare (140º to 145º) or desired degree of doneness. (Do not overcook or fish will be tough.)
- Arrange greens on 4 serving plates. Drain potatoes and green beans; thinly slice potatoes. Arrange potatoes, green beans, egg, and olives over greens. Top each salad with a steak; sprinkle with capers. Drizzle with reserved dressing.
- Calories: 437
- Calories from fat: 22%
- Fat: 10.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.5g
- Protein: 57.3g
- Carbohydrate: 26.1g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 152mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 706mg
- Calcium: 146mg