Photo: David Hillegas; Styling: Lydia Degaris-Pursell
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) sliced peaches
- 3/4 pound (12 ounces) blackberries, raspberries, and/or strawberries, halved
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°). Combine 1/8 teaspoon salt and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring gently until well blended. Pour into a buttered 10-inch cast iron skillet.
- 2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form. Add cream, and stir just until mixture forms a soft dough. Spoon topping over berry mixture.
- 3. Grill, covered with grill lid, 25 to 30 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and topping is cooked through.