Serve grilled chicken, turkey, or pork sausages, serve on hot dog buns, and top with Mixed-Pepper Compote—a mixture of bell peppers and onions seasoned with garlic, chili powder and Italian seasoning. This recipe makes 12 servings, so it’s great for summer entertaining.
- 2 sweet onions, sliced into 1/2-inch rings
- Salt and pepper
- 12 chicken, turkey or pork sausages
- 12 top-sliced hot dog buns
- Mixed Pepper Compote
- Preheat grill to mediumlow. Push a metal skewer through onion rings horizontally.
- Mist onion rings with nonstick cooking spray; season with salt and pepper. Grill for 20 minutes, turning often, until tender. Remove from grill, cut each ring in half and separate. Set aside.
- Grill sausages, turning often, until a meat thermometer registers 170°F when stuck into thickest part, 20 minutes. Serve in buns with onions and pepper compote.
- Calories: 342
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 0g
- Cholesterol: 26mg
- Sodium: 000mg