One quick and easy way to make a side dish for a favorite steak or fish fillet is to grill some russet potato wedges until golden brown and tender, which takes only about ten minutes, and they need only a little butter and some fresh herbs to make them memorable.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large russet potatoes, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup minced fresh herbs, such as rosemary, thyme, chive, dill, and Italian parsley
Grill: 8 Minutes
- 1. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over medium heat (350° to 450°F).
- 2. In a medium bowl combine the oil, salt, and pepper. Add the potato wedges to the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- 3. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the potatoes over direct medium heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until they are golden brown and quite tender, 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the potatoes back to the medium bowl.
- 4. In a small bowl mix the butter and mustard. Drizzle over the potatoes. Add the herbs and stir to coat the potatoes evenly. Serve warm.