When grilled, pears take on an appealing savoriness. Paired with rich nuts, cheese, and a variety of cold-weather greens, they make an unusual (and quick) main-course salad.
1. Heat a grill to medium-high (about 450°). Quarter pears lengthwise; stem and core. Toss pears in a bowl with 1 tbsp. oil; season with 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper. Grill pears until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
2. Meanwhile, tear radicchio, frisée, and endives into 2- to 3-in. pieces. You should have about 12 cups.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, and remaining 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Slowly whisk in remaining 1/2 cup oil.
4. Combine parsley, walnuts, and ricotta in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground.
5. Toss warm pears and chicories in vinaigrette. Spread about 2 tbsp. walnut-ricotta mixture on each of 4 plates, then top with salad. Scatter remaining walnut-ricotta mixture over salads.