- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarsely chopped shallots
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Dash of crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 3 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 3/4 pound)
- 6 (5-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1. Bring 2 cups water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add garlic to pan; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove garlic from water; cool. Coarsely chop garlic.
- 2. Place garlic, 1/2 cup parsley, 2 tablespoons oil, shallots, and next 4 ingredients (through red pepper) in a food processor; process 1 minute or until almost smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper; pulse 2 times.
- 3. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 4. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 5. Combine squash, zucchini, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl; toss well. Arrange squash and zucchini in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Bake at 450° for 16 minutes or until tender, turning after 8 minutes.
- 6. Lightly coat lamb with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Place lamb on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Divide squash and zucchini evenly among 6 plates. Top each serving with 1 lamb chop and 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley puree.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.Joanne Weir, Cooking Light
- Calories: 288
- Fat: 15.5g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Carbohydrate: 5.8g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 466mg
- Calcium: 47mg