Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
- 1 pound whole smoked kielbasa
- 4 6-inch-long crusty rolls
- 2 onions, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1. Preheat gas grill to medium-high. Cut kielbasa into 4 pieces and slice each piece in half lengthwise.
- 2. Split rolls and grill, split sides down, until lightly marked. Remove and set aside.
- 3. Grill onions, turning once, until charred and softened, about 6 minutes total. Transfer to a bowl and toss with barbecue sauce.
- 4. Grill sausages, turning once, until hot and lightly charred by grill, 3 to 4 minutes total. Arrange onions and sausages on rolls and serve immediately, passing more barbecue sauce on the side, if desired.
Also featured in: Back to School Special, All You, 2014
- Calories: 471
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 46g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 80mg
- Sodium: 1847mg