- Dash of salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) slices Italian or French bread
- 6 medium tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) very thin slices serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shaved Manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted green olives
- Prepare grill.
- Mash dash of salt and garlic with a mortar and pestle or the back of a spoon to make a fine paste. Combine garlic mixture and oil in a small bowl.
- Place bread on grill rack; grill 1 minute on each side or until golden brown.
- Rub both sides of toasted bread slices with cut sides of tomatoes, squeezing slightly to leave pulp, seeds, and juice on bread. Discard tomato peels. Spread garlic mixture over bread slices; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cut each slice diagonally in half. Arrange ham and cheese over bread pieces, and sprinkle with olives. Serve immediately.
- Calories: 192
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 7.7g
- Carbohydrate: 23.6g
- Fiber: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.2mg
- Sodium: 620mg
- Calcium: 95mg