Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Degaris Pursell
- 12 ounces uncooked casarecce pasta*
- 1/2 pound haricots verts (tiny green beans), cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 5 teaspoons lemon zest, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped roasted, salted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed arugula
- Toppings: roasted, salted pistachios; Parmesan cheese
Total: 30 Minutes
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans to boiling water during last 2 minutes of cooking time; drain. Rinse pasta mixture with cold running water; drain well.
- 2. Place pasta mixture, thyme, and 3 tsp. lemon zest in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 3. Whisk together pistachios, next 5 ingredients, and remaining 2 tsp. lemon zest in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until blended. Drizzle over pasta mixture. Add arugula, and toss gently to coat. Serve with desired toppings.
- *Penne pasta may be substituted.
We tested with Whole Foods Market Organic Casarecce pasta.Barbara Lauterbach, Southern Living