Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Rose Nguyen
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 bacon slices
- 1 pound thin fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 (8-oz.) package penne pasta
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- Salt to taste
Bake: 7 Minutes
Chill: 3 Hours
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Arrange pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake at 350° for 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon.
- 3. Cook beans in boiling salted water to cover 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- 4. Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 5. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add pecans, green beans, pasta, grapes, and onion, stirring to coat. Season with salt to taste. Cover and chill 3 hours; stir in bacon just before serving.