Beth Dreiling Hontzas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (8-oz.) packages French green beans
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1. Melt butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add green beans, bell pepper strips, and remaining ingredients, tossing to coat. Add 1/4 cup water.
- 2. Cook, covered, 4 to 6 minutes; uncover and cook, stirring often, 1 to 2 more minutes or until water is evaporated and beans are crisp-tender.
- Sugar Snap Peas-and-Red Bell Pepper Toss: Substitute 1 lb. trimmed sugar snap peas for green beans. Proceed as directed.